1) Suarez is nicknamed 'El Pistolero' which translates as 'The Gunfighter'.
2) His most prominent features are his pointy ears. In fact, they gained so much attention during his time in Holland that he even appeared in a Dutch advert for hearing aids!
3) Luis had long hair when he first arrived at Ajax but was ordered to cut it off - by his wife Sofia! Her reason? She felt it would be a suitable show of respect after he was handed the club captaincy.
4) He was born on January 24, 1987 and shares a birthday with The OC actress Mischa Barton as well as musician Jools Holland.
5) Luis grew up in Salto, Uruguay's second biggest city. It is famous for the 'thermal pools' which are kept at over 100 degrees fahrenheit throughout the year.
6) He finished the 2009-10 campaign as the Eredivisie's top scorer with 49 goals in all competitions. He was also named Dutch Footballer of the Year.
7) IFFHS crowned him the World's Top Goalscorer for 2010.
8). He regards Lionel Messi as the world's best player. In an interview with Spanish newspaper El Mundo Deportivo back in 2009 he said: "Messi is the best, no doubt about it. It's a pleasure to watch him play. I asked Martin Caceres about Messi, and he said that in the locker room Messi is just one of the players in the group and very humble."
9) According to the man himself, his key attributes as a footballer are his technique and his innate knack for scoring goals. "I can say that I am technically very good, and I am lucky to be able to score goals easily. However, I don't like to talk about myself; I prefer others to say what they think of me."
10) Talent must be in the name as he shares his with a man regarded as one of the best Spanish players of all-time. The great Luis Suarez played for Barcelona and Inter Milan between 1950 and 1970, notching up three Serie A titles, two European Cups and two Intercontinental Cups in nine seasons with the Nerazzurri.